My healthy holiday gift guide is here!
Throughout the year I keep my eyes out for products and services that add well-being, joy and beauty to my life. So this year I’m not keeping these to myself but sharing it with you all. If you’re stressing about what gifts to get this year, here are some ideas that are a click away.
Starter kit for a plastic-free lifestyle.
We all know someone trying to live a more sustainable lifestyle but also know how challenging it can be to get started. Help them out by investing in the right tools to make the transition easier. Luckily there are some new products that have hit the scene to help us get out of the ziplock bag, plastic grocery bag, plastic water bottle habits we’ve developed.
- Stasher bags – (don’t get the imitation, it’s not the same plastic -free material) – the best in non-plastic zip baggie storage, I’ve seen. They’re easy to clean and dry because they’re sturdy and stand up. Makes for a great stocking stuffer to start someone’s collection.
- Bees wrap food covers – made from beeswax and cloth these mold into whatever shape and can be used in a multitude of ways. They come in cute patterns too.
- Reusable cotton produce bags – for the farmers market, the grocery store for produce, you can even use it as a nut milk strainer. It’s easy to scrimp on functional basics like this but getting a good quality set can last a lifetime and makes it more likely to be used.
- Reusable coffee cup – disposable coffee cups are lined with plastic (that’s how they stay leakproof). This is a cute little cup you can use for any beverage for your on-the-go coffee or tea lover.
- Glass food containers – these glass containers are perfect for packing lunch, meal-prep, leftovers, catching bits and bobs of cut produce.
Healthy at home
Plant of the month club – this is the gift of year long delivery of easy to care of house plants. I recently ordered a monthly subscription for my mother-in-law and she just received her first cute little houseplant.
Weighted blanket – I should have invented this! I personally know that light pressure on me helps me calm down and get into a more restful state. This is perfect for anyone who needs a little assistance winding down for the evening.
Beautiful ceramic essential oil diffuser. – I’m a sucker for essential oils because of their therapeutic powers to help me relax, focus and relieve pain! My favorite way to use them is by diffusing them before bed or while I work. This is the only one I’ve seen that elevates the experience with a beautiful design and natural ceramic material.
Shearling house slippers – these cute shearling slippers help you stay nice and cozy through the winter. Treat your loved one 100% sheepskin slippers.
A classic analog alarm clock – with dopamine-fasting quickly becoming a trend my prediction is that analog clock sales will be on the rise. So get your friend a classic alarm clock so they can kick start the new year with less phone time in the AM.
Beautifully clean beauty
Sundays nail polish set – one of the cleanest, non-toxic nail polishes out there banning 10 harmful chemicals in gorgeous colors. Why is this a big deal? Just think about the fact that nail polish needs to be discarded safely just like gasoline or batteries.
Gift certificate to an infrared sauna session. Infrared sauna studios are popping up everywhere and chances are you have one near you. Each session is so restorative and I love giving them as self-care gifts. And if you’re in lower Westchester definitely check out Nlighten in Hastings-on-Hudson.
Beauty counter everyday sheer lipstick – using non-toxic make up and skincare is much easier these days as the options have opened up – it’s no longer just for the hippies! Not only is Beautycounter on the forefront of the clean beauty movement, by banning over 1,500 questionable ingredients, they have a wide range of color make up like this sheer lip that you can feel good about putting on your skin.
Solara Suncare clean SPF – finally a mineral-based SPF that’s doesn’t turn you into a ghost or feels like you’re putting chalk on your face. I’ve been looking for an everyday SPF and just in time, an amazing colleague of mine launched Solara Suncare, a line of products to protect you from the sun and is good for your skin. I especially love that all packaging is recyclable.
Swell stainless steel water bottle – staying hydrated is the foundation to glowy and healthy skin. I love that this bottle it’s stainless steel and the shape of it ensures smooth flow of water to keep you hydrated.
I hope you enjoyed my selection of gift ideas. Let me know if you plan on grabbing any of these and if you have any thing to add. I’d love to hear.